Join other students from ACCS schools around the country to prepare and perform a glorious concert at the ACCS 2024 Repairing the Ruins Conference in front of a national audience! Led by Dr. David Erb from New Saint Andrews College, this week-long intensive event will help you grow as a Christian singer and musician, enjoy fellowship and fun activities with other music students from around the US, and give you lifelong memories and inspiration.
June 17–21, 2024 | Atlanta, Georgia
Audition by February 1, 2024.
Current high school students (ages 14-19) attending ACCS member schools or ACCS member home schools may audition.
Do you homeschool classically, but are not yet an ACCS affiliate? Click the button below to become an ACCS Homeschool Affiliate member for only $25.
Those accepted for National Honor Choir must register with a $100 deposit. The balance can be paid in one lump sum or may be made through monthly payments ($100 payments made in March, April, May, and June). Honor Choir participants must be able to attend the entire intensive, the performance and must stay with the other honor choir students. Concert attire (ladies: black modest dresses; gentlemen: black slacks, solid black long tie, and white button up shirts) and black three-ring binders must be provided by Honor Choir members. The fee does NOT include airfare or transportation to Atlanta.
The cost is as follows:
National Honor Choir Intensive fee: $500
1. Lodging for Monday night the 17th through Friday morning the 21st
2. All meals beginning Monday evening and ending Friday morning.
3. Snacks and drinks.
4. Intensive daily choir workshops
5. Sectional training
6. Folk dance ball
7. Honor Choir t-shirt
8. Transportation to and from airport (if needed)
9. Transportation during week as needed
Students need to audition with the following piece by singing as a soprano, alto, tenor or bass:
Here is the musical score:
1. Practice your parts here:
2. Record a video of you singing over THIS SOUNDTRACK for your audition. (Note: do not use the scrolling score on the screen – the parts are TTBB and are not all the same as yours, though it does help you keep track of where the beat is. Print out and read from the score given above.)
3. Upload your video to YouTube. WHEN UPLOADING, MAKE SURE TO SAVE OR PUBLISH THE VIDEO AS “UNLISTED.” (Click here if you do not have a YouTube channel and need help setting one up.) Name your video: “HC 2024 – [your name] – [your voice part (soprano, alto, etc)]”. Example: “HC 2024 – Joe Smith – tenor”
4. Click on the blue “Register Here” button at the bottom of the page to register for an audition. When registering, copy and paste the YouTube link for your video into the appropriate field.
5. Honor choir members will be notified of determination within one month of submitted audition.
6. Those chosen for a place in the National Honor Choir will then be sent a link to fully register for the Honor Choir intensive preceding the performance.
7. Registration must be completed within two weeks of acceptance notification to secure your position within the choir.