2018 Participant: “I thought I already had enough knowledge on how to sing properly. As soon as we started the first rehearsal, I realized that I still had much to learn about singing. We accomplished many things. To name a few, we became familiar with our music, memorized Psalms through singing them, broke into sectionals to gain a more detailed understanding of the music, analyzed the scores to help us better understand the entrances throughout songs, and learned the rhythms through eurythmics. We accomplished all of this in just three days. We worked together as a choir and worked hard toward our national performance on our final night together.”
2019 Participating Music Teacher: “I have been involved with many public school honor choirs, and this event was easily on par with those musically, but in all other ways was far superior, because it was thoroughly grounded in the truth, goodness, and beauty of the Triune God. This is the kind of high-peak enriching experience for your students that will spill out in blessing to your school program.”
Join other students from ACCS schools around the country to prepare and perform a glorious concert at the ACCS 2023 Repairing the Ruins Conference in front of a national audience! Led by Dr. David Erb from New Saint Andrews College, this week-long intensive event will help you grow as a Christian singer and musician, enjoy fellowship and fun activities with other music students from around the US, and give you lifelong memories and inspiration.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – June 19th-23rd, 2023
Days left to audition…
Current high school students (ages 14-19) attending ACCS member schools or ACCS member home schools may audition.
Do you homeschool classically, but are not yet an ACCS affiliate? Click here to become an affiliate member for just $25.
Students need to audition with the following piece by singing as a soprano, alto, tenor or bass:
Here is the musical score: SCORE
1. Practice your parts here:
2. Record a video of you singing over THIS SOUNDTRACK for your audition.
3. Upload your video to YouTube. WHEN UPLOADING, MAKE SURE TO SAVE OR PUBLISH THE VIDEO AS “UNLISTED.” (Click here if you do not have a YouTube channel and need help setting one up.) Name your video: “HC 2023 – [your name] – [your voice part (soprano, alto, etc)]”. Example: “HC 2023 – Joe Smith – tenor”
4. Click on the blue “Register Here” button at the bottom of the page to register for an audition. When registering, copy and paste the YouTube link for your video into the appropriate field.
5. Honor choir members will be notified of determination within one month of submitted audition.
6. Those chosen for a place in the National Honor Choir will then be sent a link to fully register for the Honor Choir intensive preceding the performance.
7. Registration must be completed within two weeks of acceptance notification to secure your position within the choir.
Those accepted for National Honor Choir must register with a $100 deposit. The balance can be paid in one lump sum or may be made through monthly payments ($100 payments made in March, April, May, and June). Honor Choir participants must be able to attend the entire intensive, the performance and must stay with the other honor choir students. Concert attire (ladies: black modest dresses; gentlemen: black slacks, solid black long tie, and white button up shirts) and black three-ring binders must be provided by Honor Choir members. The fee does NOT include airfare or transportation to Pittsburgh.
The cost is as follows:
National Honor Choir Intensive fee: $500
1. Lodging for Monday night the 19th through Friday morning the 23rd
2. All meals beginning Monday evening and ending Friday morning.
3. Snacks and drinks.
4. Intensive daily choir workshops
5. Sectional training
6. Folk dance ball
7. Honor Choir t-shirt
8. Transportation to and from airport (if needed)
9. Transportation during week as needed
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.